Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Revelation

As many of you know, living in Texas often times brings quickly changing weather. If your unhappy hold on to your hat, it will change soon. Over the last couple months we have been experiencing times of great fog early in the morning. It has also reminded me of some very strong biblical truths. About three months back I was on my way to work, as usual one morning I was stuck in traffic praying along my 50 mile journey to the office. I was quite a distance away from downtown Dallas. I could see the high rise buildings, the top of green trees and fog directly in front of the city. As I saw the fog it kind of reminded me of seeing an old castle in a movie and the water mote protecting it from intruders. I began to ponder why the Lord has blessed and protected the city of Dallas for many years. While driving closer to the city I began to listen to the Lord. He started to speak to me about his children entering into their final judgement, standing before him saying, "You never revealed yourself to me." I was blown away at the simplicity of seeing the Lord through his creation. While drawing closer to the city the Lord brought to my memory the very first verse of the bible. Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. The word God in this instance means el-o-heem. It is plural for God, meaning that there was more than just God the Father or Gods present in the beginning. As we go on to read in verse two, it states "And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. Here we see the second form of God, his Holy Spirit. Lastly, in John 1:1-3 is says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being." Also, John 1:14 concludes And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. You may be asking, why I am teaching about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit! Follow with me for a second. The closer I drove to downtown Dallas the clearer it became as to what the Father was trying to tell me. Right before you drive into downtown Dallas there is a river/bridge that you have to cross over to enter the city. The name of the river that protects the city is called "The Trinity River." When I was passing over the bridge I realized what was causing the fog that I saw from about 15 miles outside the city. There was a small cloud of fog hovering over the Trinity River. The fog was not hovering over anything else other than the river. What an amazing sight to see, as I asked the Father to reveal himself to me; he did not physically show up and appear to me in flesh and blood. To me this was very symbolic to the scripture read above in Genesis 1:2 The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. He revealed himself to me through his creation. The Lord is revealing himself to each one of us every day we are alive. Whether it be through the clouds, sun, moon, flowers you name it. He loves us enough to show us himself in many ways. Remember, the next time you say, "God, if your real then show yourself to me" be careful for what you ask for. He knows the exact way to get your attention. Many Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment